Having this blog is great for keeping me motivated to finish projects that I’ve told everyone about. I finished the kitchen cupboards today, a few days before I truly expected to.
Here’s what they looked like before:
It’s not as if the cupboards were ugly or bad, but they take up that whole wall. I wanted to make more of a display feature out of this set.
Here’s what they looked like when I took the doors off:
My husband wasn’t impressed. I told him that this wasn’t the end product but he couldn’t see my vision. Even he is fairly impressed with how they came out in the end.
I love being able to see all my pretty glassware at a glance. And I love how the colors of the goblets really pop with the light colored paint framing them.
All in all I’m really happy with how this project came out. I had planned to put glass doors on these cabinets but I’m not in a big hurry for them now.
While I was waiting for paint to dry in the cabinets, I also got the drywall in the bathroom repaired.
Now that all of the walls are prepped, I’ll be working on painting the bathroom this week. I hope I don’t run into any unexpected surprised (a nice name for a setback!)